Bev Lewis chats with:
Gary Direnfeld – Parenting Expert, Social Worker and Media Personality
Bev Lewis, Founder and President of Positive Divorce Services®, chats with Gary Direnfeld, a leader in social work and counselor who is committed to the well being of children. He has a private practice specializing in working with separating parents and their children. He is often seen in mainstream media (TV radio and print) and is a recognized court expert in social work, child development, custody and access recommendations.
To learn more, visit the his website at garydirendfeld.com
In this Episode You will learn….
• The two biggest factors that affect children of all ages. 0:56
• How disruption and inattention could affect children: 2:34
• How conflict affects children. 5:02
• The myth of tension and conflict in the home. 7:00
• Why parents need to be aware and monitor their own behavior. 11:11
• How going to court to resolve issues will escalate conflict. 12:58
• Why mediation is a better option than court. 13:29
• How going to court to resolve conflict impacts children. 14:04
• The dangers of using a child as a confident. 16:40
• How parents going through a divorce can have the best possible long-term outcomes for their children. 20:44