Bev Lewis chats with:
Mary-Anne Popescu – Executive Director – Ontario Association for Family Mediation.
Bev Lewis, Founder and President of Positive Divorce Services®, chats with Mary-Anne Popescu, Executive Director for the Ontario Association for Family Mediation. The OAFM is the largest governing body for mediators in Ontario. The association promotes and governs the mediation profession and grants accreditation to family mediators who have completed a rigorous program of education, training and internship. Their designation AccFM (OAFM) is sanctioned by the Ontario provincial government.
To learn more, visit the Ontario Association of Family Meditation website.
In this Episode You will learn….
• What it means to be an accredited mediator. 1:14
• The requirements for someone wanting to become an accredited mediator. 2:16
• About the Family Law component of becoming a mediator. 3:30
• The challenge of making the public aware of mediation as an option for separating couples 4:44
• The requirements for someone to become a mediator. 8:38
• The details about the requirement for candidates needing five mediation cases. 11:10
• More about the education component for becoming a mediator. 12:15
• The differences between mediation and litigation. 13:30