Bev Lewis chats with:
Kavita V. Bhagat – Certified Family Law Specialist
Our topic this week is child support, a subject that impacts most parents who are going through a divorce. In this episode, Bev Lewis, the Founder of Positive Solutions Divorce Services® interviews Kavita V. Bhagat, a Certified Family Law Specialist. Bev and Kavita talk about child support, how it is calculated and why it is important.
To learn more about kavita, visit the her website at www.bramptonfamilylawyers.ca
In this Episode You will learn….
• More about Kavita V. Bhagat. 0:56
• What child support is. 1:40
• What child support does not cover. 3:15
• How additional special expenses can be agreed to in mediation. 4:19
• How child support is calculated. 5:57
• How child support is calculated when you are self employed. 6:41
• How child support is calculated when you are self employed and receiving a salary. 7:40
• How child support is calculated when you are self employed and the business has the potential for cash income. 10:03
• About Imputed income. 11:28
• The reason child support is required. 13:33